Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Satisfaction level with in an all MS environment

2002-08-14 15:27:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Satisfaction level with in an all MS environment
From: spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us (Spearman, David)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:27:49 -0400
David,

We run a very mixed shop (MS,SCO,LINUX,AIX) on a W2K master/media setup with
an STK L700 and 9840 drives. To date I have completely recovered every
imaginable type of MS server, whether they be NT4, W2K, member server or
Domain Controller. The member servers are especially easy if you use IDR.
Domain Controllers are really just as easy since SP2 and NBU 3.4.1 and all
the patches. I have had excellent results backing up our exchange 5.5
server. I can't help you with the SQL part since our DBA's perfer a
different approach than an agent based backup.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.