Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 Administration Console

2002-08-12 12:24:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 Administration Console
From: Max.Booth AT ubsw DOT com (Max.Booth AT ubsw DOT com)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:24:36 +0100
All,

With the 4.5 Admin Console on Windows you CAN perform
a restore from any client to any other client.  This may
not initially be apparent because if you don't have an
active 'browse' window open then the 'Specify NetBackup
Machines' only gives the options of 'servers & clients'.

Upon performing an initial 'Select for restore', the menu
is then updated so that 'Specify NetBackup Machines' now
shows 'Servers, Source Clients/Policy Type & Dest Clients'.

HTH,

max

Incidentally, under 4.5 the Admin Client no-longer requires
a server license key but you still have to select a server
install rather than a client install.  By not entering a
license key when prompted, the only option available will
be the Administration Client.