Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question , while waiting for an answer from support. Multistreami ng NBU catalog images.

2002-08-12 11:41:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question , while waiting for an answer from support. Multistreami ng NBU catalog images.
From: Patrick.Whelan AT commerzbankib DOT com (Whelan, Patrick)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:41:25 +0200
Does anyone know if backing up the NBU catalog using multistreaming, then
backing up the images for the master server (and all the supporting files)
using bpbackupdb is supported by Veritas? And if so is there a maximum
number of streams? We would like to stream to four tape drives so that the
catalog backup takes only 2.5 hours instead of the current 6 to 8 hours. It
works fine, but I need to know if it is supported.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Whelan
ZIT P 7.43 Data Backup Operation

Contact:        Phone:  +49 69 136 44927
                E-Mail: Patrick.Whelan AT CommerzbankIB DOT com

Address:        Commerzbank AG
                Zentraler Servicebereich IT Produktion
                C/S Services Investment Banking - ZIT P 7.43
                Mainzer Landstr. 151 - DLZ, Bld. 1 - 06.52.0210
                60261 Frankfurt