Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Class Configuration

2002-08-08 15:54:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Class Configuration
From: Wayne.Cierkowski AT harpercollins DOT com (Cierkowski, Wayne)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:54:28 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C23F15.679C39F0

I would like to get a feel how everyone out there configures their backup
classes for their NT servers. Currently here I have divided up my server
farm into a number of backup classes. Such as for a NT related backup I have
a Primary Servers backup class that contains Domain Controllers, Exchange
Servers, DNS Servers and W2K Root Domain Controllers. Application based
servers are contained in the Application Servers backup class. As such
Servers with SQL are contained in a backup class and Servers with Exchange
are contained in their our backup class.

We are considering breaking up these classes to individual server based
backup classes. So my one Primary Servers backup class will become 15
individual backup classes. Basically If we move forward on this our 6 daily
backup incremental backup jobs will become 62 backup jobs.

I'd like to hear how others out there in the Netbackup world configures
their backup classes.

Thanks,

Wayne D. Cierkowski
Project Engineering Advisor

HarperCollinsPublishers
1000 Keystone Industrial Park
Scranton, PA 18512-4621

* Phone: (570) 941-1387
* Fax: (570) 941-1593
* e-Mail: Mailto:wayne.cierkowski AT harpercollins DOT com

This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is
addressed
and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in
error;
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is
prohibited.
by reply
e-mail and delete this message and all of its attachments.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C23F15.679C39F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Backup Class Configuration</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I would like to get a feel how everyone o=
ut there configures their backup classes for their NT servers. Currently he=
re I have divided up my server farm into a number of backup classes. Such a=
s for a NT related backup I have a Primary Servers backup class that contai=
ns Domain Controllers, Exchange Servers, DNS Servers and W2K Root Domain Co=
ntrollers. Application based servers are contained in the Application Serve=
rs backup class. As such Servers with SQL are contained in a backup class a=
nd Servers with Exchange are contained in their our backup class.&nbsp; </F=
ONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">We are considering breaking up these clas=
ses to individual server based backup classes. So my one Primary Servers ba=
ckup class will become 15 individual backup classes. Basically If we move f=
orward on this our 6 daily backup incremental backup jobs will become 62 ba=
ckup jobs.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I'd like to hear how others out there in =
the Netbackup world configures their backup classes. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Wayne D. Cierkowski</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Project Engineering Advisor</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" FACE=3D"Garamond">Harper</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0=
000FF" FACE=3D"Garamond">Collins</FONT><I></I><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#808080" FA=
CE=3D"Stempel">Publishers</FONT></I>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">1000 Keystone Industrial Park</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Tahoma">Scranton, PA 18512-4621</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Wingdings">(<FONT FACE=3D"Courier New"></FONT></F=
ONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Phone: (570) 941-1387</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Wingdings">(<FONT FACE=3D"Courier New"></FONT></=
FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fax: (570) 941-1593</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Wingdings">*<FONT FACE=3D"Courier New"></FONT></=
FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">e-Mail:<U></U></FONT><U></U><U><FONT SI=
ZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT> <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 FA=
CE=3D"Arial"><A HREF=3D"Mailto:wayne.cierkowski AT harpercollins DOT
com">Mailto:w=
ayne.cierkowski AT harpercollins DOT com</A></FONT></U><BR>

</P>
<BR>

<CODE><FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
***************************************************************<BR>
This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is=
 addressed <BR>
and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are=
 not the intended <BR>
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission=
 in error; <BR>
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is =
prohibited.<BR>
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediat=
ely by reply <BR>
e-mail and delete this message and all of its attachments.<BR>
</FONT></CODE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C23F15.679C39F0--