Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 Administration Console

2002-08-08 12:18:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 Administration Console
From: dcaparas AT borland DOT com (Dennis Caparas)
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:18:42 -0700
--Boundary_(ID_gD2caCWxUTrTLZg1GQrqlw)

Looks like they cahnged it in 4.5   .
I'm thinking of opening a case with Veeritas and find oput what they
will say about this.

David A. Chapa wrote:

>In 3.4, the Windows Administrative Console did allow you do perform restores
>the clients.  The one requriement was that your console machine must live in
>the bp.conf file of the receiving client, otherwise you are not authorized.
>
>That was the beauty of that windows based console, I hope they haven't changed
>that in 4.5.
>
>David
>
>Quoting curtis.lists AT backupcentral DOT com:
>
>>BUT, you can only do restores for the client from which you're running the
>>GUI, correct?  I didn't see anywhere to do a redirected restore of another
>>client's data.
>>
>>At 03:11 PM 8/7/2002 -0400, Weaver, Paul wrote:
>>
>>>Dennis,
>>>        on the windows gui there is a button to start the client
>>>interface to do the restore, see the icon with the 2 yellow arrows - it
>>>opens a seperate window.
>>>
>>>Paul

Dennis N. Caparas
Unix Systems Administrator
Borland Software Corporation
100 Enterprise Way
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Direct: 831.431.1467
Mobile: 831.419.6325

Borland -- Enabling the digital world where our customers have the freedom of
choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across the enterprise and
 the Internet. http://www.borland.com

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately and permanently delete
the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

--Boundary_(ID_gD2caCWxUTrTLZg1GQrqlw)

<head>
</head>
Looks like they cahnged it in 4.5 &nbsp; .<br>
I'm thinking of opening a case with Veeritas and find oput what they will
say about this.<br>
David A. Chapa wrote:<br>
com">
  <pre wrap="">In 3.4, the Windows Administrative Console did allow you do
perform restores to <br>the clients.  The one requriement was that your console
machine must live in <br>the bp.conf file of the receiving client, otherwise
you are not authorized.<br><br>That was the beauty of that windows based
console, I hope they haven't changed <br>that in
href="mailto:curtis.lists AT backupcentral DOT com:">curtis.lists AT
    <pre wrap="">BUT, you can only do restores for the client from which you're
running the <br>GUI, correct?  I didn't see anywhere to do a redirected restore
      <pre wrap="">Dennis,<br>        on the windows gui there is a button to
start the client <br>interface to do the restore, see the icon with the 2
yellow arrows - it <br>opens a seperate
com">&lt;mailto:dcaparas AT borland DOT com&gt;</a><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:dcaparas AT borland DOT
com">mailto:dcaparas AT borland DOT com</a>]<br>Sent: Wednesday, August 07,
2002 1:04 PM<br>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:veritas-bu
AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
installed the Administration Console in my desktop running Windows<br>2000 and
made changes in the master server to allow mu desktop to run<br>the NB admin
console.<br>It started really good but I
 was surprised to find out that I can't do<br>restore from this console. I
tried to run the console (jnbSA) from a Sun<br>machine and everything's working
fine.<br>I wonder if the NB admin console I installed in my PC can't
 maillist  -  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a><br>&lt;<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
      <pre wrap=""><!---->bu&gt;<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        <pre
wrap="">_______________________________________________<br>Veritas-bu maillist
-  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a><br><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--

Dennis N. Caparas
Unix Systems Administrator
Borland Software Corporation
100 Enterprise Way
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Direct: 831.431.1467
Mobile: 831.419.6325

Borland -- Enabling the digital world where our customers have the freedom of
choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across the enterprise and
 the Internet. <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.borland.com";>http://www.borland.com</a>

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please im
mediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and
any printout thereof.

</pre>

--Boundary_(ID_gD2caCWxUTrTLZg1GQrqlw)--