Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] GNU tar commands for extracting from netbackup tapes

2002-08-08 11:08:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] GNU tar commands for extracting from netbackup tapes
From: steve AT neptune DOT ca (Steve Mickeler)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:08:35 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry to be rude, but if you went to www.google.com and simply put in
netbackup tar as your search term you would get some very usefull results.

This list is a great resource and should be used -after- some trivial
tasks such as a) searching the list archives and b) searching google

The first result from the google search was this:

""How do I restore a tape using just the "tar" command?""

http://www.backupcentral.com/foms/netbackup-serve/cache/192.html

Thanks.

-- Steve

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Mark Eisenhardt wrote:

> Hi,
> If anyone one can help me out with how to tar files off of netbackup tape I
> would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Eisenhardt

[-] Steve Mickeler [ steve AT neptune DOT ca ]

[|] Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

[+] 1024D/9AA80CDF = 4103 9E35 2713 D432 924F  3C2E A7B9 A0FE 9AA8 0CDF