Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpexpdate questions etc.

2002-08-05 14:46:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate questions etc.
From: ccang AT ncs.com DOT sg (Ang Chip Chiang NCS)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 02:46:44 +0800
Hi,

bpexpdate will update the catalog on the retention of the images.

But my question to you, the purpose of performing duplication is to have a
second copy of the respective backups.

So if you change the retention period before a duplication. How are you
going to restore those that are of longer retention if the primary copy
happen to be damage???

ACC