Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cat_convert

2002-08-05 12:50:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cat_convert
From: dcaparas AT borland DOT com (Dennis Caparas)
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:50:48 -0700
--Boundary_(ID_3DOHf7IeisJn7hdbtzd2DQ)

Thanks for the info Kathy!

Collins, Kathy wrote:

>I used the following command to convert my files.
>
>cat_convert -o -a2b /mnt/openv/netbackup/db/images
>
>It errored out as soon as it hit the first compressed catalog file.  Veritas
>support says it looks like it was never tested with compressed files and
>opened a bug.  I have a call in to check the status of this issue.
>
>By the way, the error that appeared on the screen when it hit a compressed
>file is:
>
>File: Memory Mapped File.cpp Line: 388: open memory map file failed.
>
>One other note.  Before I attempted this, I tar'd up the images directory
>and moved it to another location in which to run this command.  The plan was
>that if all was successful, I would tar up the newly converted images
>directory and put it back on top of the original.  It wasn't successful, so
>I just restarted the NetBackup daemons with the original files in tact.

Dennis N. Caparas
Unix Systems Administrator
Borland Software Corporation
100 Enterprise Way
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Direct: 831.431.1467
Mobile: 831.419.6325

Borland -- Enabling the digital world where our customers have the freedom of
choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across the enterprise and
 the Internet. http://www.borland.com

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately and permanently delete
the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

--Boundary_(ID_3DOHf7IeisJn7hdbtzd2DQ)

<head>
</head>
Thanks for the info Kathy!<br>
Collins, Kathy wrote:<br>
crlex02.nrg.coral-energy DOT com">
  <pre wrap="">I used the following command to convert my files.
out as soon as it hit the first compressed catalog file.  Veritas<br>support
says it looks like it was never tested with compressed files and<br>opened a
bug.  I have a call in to check the status of this issue.<br><br>By the way,
the error that appeared on the screen when it hit a compressed<br>file
is:<br><br>File: Memory Mapped File.cpp Line: 388: open memory map file
failed.<br><br>One other note.  Before I attempted this, I tar'd up the images
directory<br>and moved it to another location in which to run this command.
The plan was<br>that if all was successful, I would tar up the newly converted
images<br>directory and put it back on top of the original.  It wasn't
successful, so<br>I just restarted the NetBackup daemons with the original
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----<br>From: Dennis Caparas [<a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:dcaparas AT borland DOT
com">mailto:dcaparas AT borland DOT com</a>]<br>Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002
5:22 PM<br>To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
admins,<br><br>Solaris 2.6 Master server, Netbackup 3.4 upgraded to 4.5
.<br>Please let me know if you have any experience converting the <br>catalogs
to <br>binary files.<br>I'm still figuring out how am I gonna do this and the
 maillist  -  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a><br><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mailman.eng.aubur
    <pre
wrap=""><!---->_______________________________________________<br>Veritas-bu
maillist  -  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a><br><a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--

Dennis N. Caparas
Unix Systems Administrator
Borland Software Corporation
100 Enterprise Way
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Direct: 831.431.1467
Mobile: 831.419.6325

Borland -- Enabling the digital world where our customers have the freedom of
choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across the enterprise and
 the Internet. <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.borland.com";>http://www.borland.com</a>

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immedi
ately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any
printout thereof.

</pre>

--Boundary_(ID_3DOHf7IeisJn7hdbtzd2DQ)--