Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] note from list-mom

2002-08-02 17:54:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] note from list-mom
From: doug AT Eng.Auburn DOT EDU (Doug Hughes)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:54:03 -0500 (CDT)
If your site has anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-pornography, anti-bad
language (not kidding!), antidisestablishmentarianism, or whatever
software, please make sure you set it to whitelist veritas-bu.

I get peeved when I get bounces from some anti-<x> thing at some
site.. The recent bounce that made me miffed and laugh simultaneously
(requiring some complex muscle work and dexterity, but I muddled
through) was one that rejected 'p i s s'. Yeah, I'm spacing it out
because likely that same anti-badword site will reject it again if
I don't.

Sometimes people use bad language, or include things that might
seem like spam (hopefully they don't send out porn to the list..
that would be bad.. but if it's a false trigger on porn referring
to a tape drive, I'll be quite "PUT OUT").

So, what am I saying?

I have a low tolerance for badly configured anti-software.

You get a warning to fix it if I'm in a good mood (and I usually am,
so you're lucky!). If I'm in a bad move.. *whack*.. off with the address!

(oh, and folks, try not to use bad language anyway. I know it's hard,
but, it'll save me anti-P i S s  aggravation. thanks. :)

"That darned tape drive.." I can accept. :)

cheers, and have a nice weekend!

--- Doug (p i s s patrol) -- list manager