Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sql client script

2002-08-02 11:20:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sql client script
From: Rick.Morris AT IGT DOT com (Morris.Rick.C)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:20:43 -0700
Dave,
Did you create a DSN named veritas?
Did you log onto the server where the SQL agent is installed using the
account that the NB client & SQL agent is using for logon?

After logging on you must enter the command: dbbackup -mssql (if you are
using NT authentication in SQL).  If you are using SQL authentication I
believe you must add one or two more parameters to the dbbackup  command.
Once you enter the dbbackup -mssql  command, you will get two popup
messages.  Click 'Ok' on both of them.  After clicking 'Ok' on the second
you, you should get a NB window for SQL save & restores.

I am not sure that the $all will work for the DB names but it might.  The
MAXTRANSFERSIZE  and BLOCKSIZE probably shouldn't be 0 as you will not get
the best performance.  I use 4 & 6 respectively and I run SAN & TCP/IP SQL
backups......

Rick Morris
IGT - SAP Basis Administrator
775-448-7293