Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cat_convert

2002-08-02 08:51:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cat_convert
From: KCollins AT coral-energy DOT com (Collins, Kathy)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:51:01 -0500
I used the following command to convert my files.

cat_convert -o -a2b /mnt/openv/netbackup/db/images

It errored out as soon as it hit the first compressed catalog file.  Veritas
support says it looks like it was never tested with compressed files and
opened a bug.  I have a call in to check the status of this issue.

By the way, the error that appeared on the screen when it hit a compressed
file is:

File: Memory Mapped File.cpp Line: 388: open memory map file failed.

One other note.  Before I attempted this, I tar'd up the images directory
and moved it to another location in which to run this command.  The plan was
that if all was successful, I would tar up the newly converted images
directory and put it back on top of the original.  It wasn't successful, so
I just restarted the NetBackup daemons with the original files in tact.