Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netware abends if more than one backup is running

2002-07-29 15:24:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netware abends if more than one backup is running
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:24:39 -0400
Do you mean more than one backup from the same netware server ? Or more
than one backup on the master to different clients ?
Netbackup on netware is usually a pretty weak product. If it's more
than one stream coming from the same netware box, this could cause an
abend from the client with otm stressing the cpu too much. It could also
depend on what patches (for netware and the client both) you have
installed. I'm not familiar with 5.2, but 5.1, going from novell SP2 to
SP4 causes a lot of problems with the netbackup client. The only
reliable way I've gotten NW5.1 SP4 to backup is to disable otm.

>>> "Jeff Kennedy" <jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com> 7/29/02 2:47:17 PM >>>
My netware 5.2 servers abend if more than one backup is initiated at a
time; whether it's manual or scheduled makes no difference.  Is this
normal or are my servers exceedingly fragile?

Master server = Solaris 7, NBU 4.5
client = Novell 5.2 sp?, NBU 3.4.1

Thanks.