Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade from 3.41 to 4.5 on a new Windows 2000 server

2002-07-26 13:54:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade from 3.41 to 4.5 on a new Windows 2000 server
From: MDay AT qrs DOT com (Day, Michael)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:54:19 -0700
I'm about to migrate from version 3.41 Netbackup Datacenter on a NT 4.0
server to a new Windows 2000 server and upgrade to Datacenter version 4.5.
Does anyone know of an documentation that will help me do this?  I really
don't know where to start ... I've installed the software but I'd like to
migrate my library configuration, database, client configurations and
classes over to the new server without recreating anything.

Do I have to reinstall the agents on all the clients?

Will the migration have any effects on SQL, Oracle or Exchange backups and
will database scripts have to be touched up or redone?

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions or pitfalls to look out for?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Mike Day
QRS Systems Engineer