Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Automation of FTP via command line

2002-07-24 08:51:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Automation of FTP via command line
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:51:26 -0400 (EDT)
Hi John,

Use the -s switch with Windows' built-in ftp command.  Here is a couple of
lines from my "daily" script, which runs on Windows:

    IF NOT %newup% == %oldup% (
      MKDIR c:\temp\upgrade.tmp
      ftp -s:"c:\utils\scripts\getUpg.ftp"

The file "c:\utils\scripts\getUpg.ftp" contains:

    open virusupdates.hq.moen.com
    anonymous
    OK.get.upgrade
    prompt