Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using Netback to backup through a firewall

2002-07-24 02:21:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using Netback to backup through a firewall
From: Andrew.Wilkin AT ditm.nsw.gov DOT au (Andrew Wilkin)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:21:43 +1000
Hi Group,

Please excuse me if this problem has been asked before.

I want to backup through a firewall but I don't want to allow a specified
port range through. I want to be able to use 'scp' and authentication to get
the data through the firewall. Is this possible. I have a Veritas
white-paper, but it is using the range of ports method. Thanks

Regards

Andrew Wilkin
Computer Systems Analyst

Department of Information Technology & Management
Land & Property Information - New South Wales

Panorama Ave
BATHURST, NSW, 2795, AUSTRALIA

Ph: (02) 6332 8397
Fx: (02) 6332 8457
E-mail: Andrew.Wilkin AT ditm.nsw.gov DOT au
WEB: www.lpi.nsw.gov.au <http://www.lpi.nsw.gov.au>

This message is intended for the addressee named and
may  contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the
Department of  Information Technology & Management.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper
for the presence of computer viruses.