Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] partial catalogue restore - revisited

2002-07-23 17:10:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] partial catalogue restore - revisited
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:10:11 -0700
Ok, thanks to a couple people on this list I got the catalogue data
restored to a different machine.  This lets me at least see the media
id's that were used for a specific backup so I can only import that
subset if necessary.

What I want to try instead is use that catalogue data direct.
Ultimately I want to duplicate a subset of data; can I shutdown my
production NBU server daemons, copy over the catalogue data I've
restored from tape, start the daemons back up, search and duplicate the
image I copied over?

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy