Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN backups, policies & retentions

2002-07-19 11:05:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN backups, policies & retentions
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:05:06 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C22F35.AA9C5720

For each RMAN type class I create I have to create a custom policy
which I set to have a retention level of infinity but the way the
class works is that it adds in a default policy in to the schedule
for use with all jobs spawned from the original parent job.  The issue
I'm having is that the jobs are inheriting the default policy
retention level which I have not been able change.  When attempting
to change the retention I get "An error occured while changing
schedule, status:227 no entity was found".

------_=_NextPart_001_01C22F35.AA9C5720

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RMAN backups, policies  &amp; retentions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>For each RMAN type class I create I have to create a custom
policy </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>which I set to have a retention level of infinity but the way
the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>class works is that it adds in a default policy in to the
schedule</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>for use with all jobs spawned from the original parent
job.&nbsp; The issue</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I'm having is that the jobs are inheriting the default policy
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>retention level which I have not been able change.&nbsp; When
attempting</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>to change the retention I get &quot;An error occured while
changing </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>schedule, status:227 no entity was found&quot;. </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C22F35.AA9C5720--