Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude List file for W2K clients?

2002-07-17 03:50:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude List file for W2K clients?
From: mpareja AT iddeo DOT es (Mario Pareja)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:50:24 +0200
Hi all the group:

I know that, on W2K clients, the exclude_list is stored into the registry,
under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Veritas key (more or less this is the
registry key, I don't remember very well now, but, in fact, it doesn't
matter right now)

Moreover, I readed that I can just create a exclude_list.CLASSNAME or
exclude_list.SCHEDULENAME file on the server, under the path
/usr/openv/netbackup and add into it the files or directories I don't want
to backup.

But, it exists some another way of doing this (I mean, defining the exclude
list) into the server? (it will much more easier than defining it in every
client, which can become a perfect nightmatre!)

I mean, it exist some way of creating something like a
exclude_list.CLIENTNAME file, in order to define the excluded files only for
one specified client? (eg. I only want to exclude the *.tmp files for the
XYZ client, but not for the ABC client, and I would want it to do adding
these extensions on the clients)

Many thanks in advance.

Mario Pareja Nieto
Iddeo! - Retevisión I, S. A.