Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tandber TDS1440

2002-07-17 00:58:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tandber TDS1440
From: effendy AT eds.com DOT my (Effendy Bin Yahaya)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:58:04 -0700 (PDT)
hi All,

I'm having a installation based on following:

Tandberg TDS-1440 (Medium Changer EXB-440) w/ 4 x
SLR100
NetBackup Bussiness Server 3.4 GA (J0850645)

In order to comply with NBU BS, I have to downgrade
the library to EXB-210 w/ 2 x SLR100 drives.

I'm having a backup problem as follows from the bptm
error log:

1.  write_backup: FROZE media id N49399, could not
write tape mark to begin new image

2.  io_ioctl: ioctl (MTWEOF) failed on media id
N49399, drive index 1, I/O error

3.  io_read_block: read error on media id N49399,
drive index 1 reading header block, Error 0

NBU cound't  find the EOT tape mark to begin with a
new backup.  Due to this error, the tape will be in
frozen

stage.  Furthermore, it wil bring down the drives.
The temporary solution for this, I have to manually
expire

the tape whenever, it goes to freeze.

As I verify through the VERITAS support under the
compatibility list, it doesn't show the Tandberg

TDS1440-SLR100 being supported.  I'm intended to put
in the latest patch for NBU which is NB_34_3 patch.

Does it help ?  Maybe I need to put in the value
parameter for the specific SLR100 drives on the

/kernel/drv/st.conf file.  Does anybody got those
parameter ?

I've run through the sunsolve.sun.com regarding the
Tandberg library, it show under the following:

Document 805-2449-10 4.0 Gbyte 1/4-Inch Tape Drive
Specifications, page 10,
suggests that the SLR5 QIC tape drive supports the
following tapes types:-
QIC-4GB, QIC-2GB, QIC-1000, QIC-525, QIC-150, QIC-120;
no read or write
limitations are given.

Does anybody is having a same problem ?  Or any
suggestion due to this ?

Thanks,
best regards,
Effendy yahaya