Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File shrunk - Padding with zeros

2002-07-12 09:57:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File shrunk - Padding with zeros
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:57:54 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C229AC.1E923FD0

It could also be a "sparse" file - a file that has a reported size of 2G but
an actual block-count size of less.  We've been bitten by a few of these
used by Oracle.

Add up your file sizes and compare to "df".  If you've got sparse files,
then the sum of the files will be greater than "df" since df gets its
information from the superblock.

-Mark