Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File shrunk - Padding with zeros

2002-07-12 06:48:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File shrunk - Padding with zeros
From: justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk (justin AT brighton.ac DOT uk)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:48:14 +0100
Hi all,
Last night we had the following error message:
ERR - File /accom/brlive/data/tools01.dbf shrunk by 180572160 bytes,
padding with zeros
This is an Oracle file (not a temporary file) and it is around 2 Gb.

I've checked the knowledge base and not found any concrete information
only guesses that it could be because the file size changed while the file
was backing up or in between a pre-backup scan and the backup which seems
to make sense.

I was wondering why NetBackup thinks the file size has changed (it is
still the original size this morning), how it knows the size has changed,
why it pads the backed up file with zeros and is it corrupted because of
this?

Many thanks, Justin
--
[-] Justin
[+] Network Services, University of Brighton