Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: LTO Tuning (Research Results)

2002-07-12 04:14:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: LTO Tuning (Research Results)
From: Vlastimil.Pokorny AT oskarmobil DOT cz (Vlastimil Pokorný)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:14:15 +0200
Using SUN E450 (4x UltraSPARC-II 400MHz, 2GB RAM) QLogic 2200F, 1x 1GBit
Ethernet, Sol8, NBU 3.4_2, Crossroad 4x50, SGT LTO Viper 200 HVD SCSI up to
36MB/s single drive.

Same machine and FC HBA; native FC IBM LTO drive up to 43 MB/s single drive.

NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS=32
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS=131072

Measured by iostat during backup with massive MPX (from 10 to 12 Solaris
clients usually full backup of /var)
Results depends on type of data and drive compression so much I think.

Vlastimil Pokorny