Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Communication

2002-07-11 14:57:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Communication
From: gguenthe AT csc DOT com (Greg Guenther)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:57:38 -0500
We have seen the same problem with our ATL P6K Library running SDLT and the
FC230 Bridge Card.

If you look at the LEDS on the FC-230 card you will probably solid green
lights on the Fibre/SCSI ports associated with Robotic control.

Compaq is essentially rebadging the ATL library. (I Think they make some
mods to make it Insight mgr aware)

There is a new FC230 Firmware out that fixes some of the issues.

We are really waiting on new SDLT firmware (46 I think the Compaq Firmware
for SDLT will be 47).

The problems are intermittent and seem to be worse in high volume mixed
fibre environments. (Wintel/UNIX).

Good Luck,

Greg Guenther