Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup process status

2002-07-11 12:19:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup process status
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:19:17 -0500
netbackup\bin\bpps

it's netbackup version of ps (CLI version of pviewer if you're familiar with
that on NT), but... it does some cool things, including "bpps host" for remote
ps (so you don't have to worry about how you're going to get on the remote
box... telnet, rsh, ssh, rclient, etc.)

the process to look for that will tell you if a backup is running is bpbkar.

- Scott

                    "Moses, Darby"

                    <DMoses AT leviton DOT com>                 To:
"'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'"
                    Sent by:                             <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        cc:

                    auburn.edu                           Subject:
[Veritas-bu] Backup process status

                    07/11/2002 10:38 AM

How can I from a remote workstation from a command-line detect if one of my
windows2k servers is in the process of being backed up?  I am trying to
automate a restart schedule for my datacenter and I don't want to put in
static times for restarts.  I think it makes more sense to check if a server
is currently being backed up before issuing a restart.

Thanks,
Darby Moses
Operations
Leviton mfg.