Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration from Solstice to Netbackup on Solaris 8.

2002-07-11 05:06:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration from Solstice to Netbackup on Solaris 8.
From: eulrich AT jetmultimedia DOT fr (Emmanuel ULRICH)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:06:36 +0200
Hello everybody,

i have to migrate a complete backup solution for a Solaris 8 plateform.
The Robotic is a SUN StorEDGE L9 ( 9 slots )the backup server is a SUN
enterprise Server 220 R and all the clients are SUN Netra1. The actual
backup use a backup network but as i need to migrate all the plateform
during one night i'de like to share any experience regarding Netbackup
with Solaris and the scenarios i could use.

I think i could install netbackup on the actual backup server, disabling
Solstice, and then deploying a few clients and testing them, but what is
the best solution regarding actual pools and medias, is there a roll
back scenario ? And so many questions i need to solve ?

So it'll we be fine if someone could point me into the correct direction
or give me some advices or documentation regarding that project.

Regards Emmanuel.