Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups with alternate client restore

2002-07-10 17:08:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups with alternate client restore
From: jstephens AT ti DOT com (John D Stephens)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:08:36 -0500
You'll have to try the restore to the Netapp from the IP4700.
As long as a NDMP device restores to a NDMP client, it might
work.  Let us know if it works! I don't have your specific
hardware to test it myself.

The NDMP dump of a Netapp filer is a standard Solaris file
system dump with NDMP header information on the tape.  Therefore,
you can use a Solaris system to do a "restore" to read the tape and
NFS write to the Netapp, this is Netapp's DRP solution. Check
the Netapp manual for further details.  I had to do this once
in my backup lifetime.

However, NBU must have a NDMP client to restore to.
Solaris is NOT a supported NDMP client.

john

--
 + John D Stephens    ITS Design Systems   +