Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Promote Media Server to Master Server

2002-07-09 19:01:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Promote Media Server to Master Server
From: faoqb AT yahoo DOT com (Fernando Braga)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hi

I want to promote my Media Server to Master Server.
They are two Win2000 Servers with NBU 3.4.1 . So, I
reinstalled the Media Server using the option "Modify"
to change it to a Master and use the command :

bprecover -r -tpath \\Tape0 -dhost <new_server> -v

To recover the catalog to the new master. Then,
reboot.
But, the "bprd" doesn´t start.

Is it my process correct?
Can I really promote my "old" media server to the
"old" master server. Otherwise, can I "import" a
catalog from "serverA" to the "serverB"?

TIA

Fernando