Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Urgent: problem killing duplicate job

2002-07-03 07:13:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Urgent: problem killing duplicate job
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:13:45 -0500
What did you kill?  the bpduplicate processes?  or the bpduplicate and bptm
processes?

What version?

If you are using 3.x, bpduplicate and bptm do poll each other to verify they
haven't 'died'.  So if you kill bpduplicate, the bptm process still runs.

I've been told that in 4.5 these processes to poll one another, so when you
kill bpduplicate process it kills all of its children as well.

David

David A. Chapa
NetBackup Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.