Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] oracle backup

2002-07-02 15:12:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] oracle backup
From: yunsong AT primushost DOT com (Yunsong Gao)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

Set up the bpcd log on the client and got the error message: Couldn't
connect to address of the server's port xxx: Connection timed out. There
is a firewall, but I have other server which connects to server fine.
Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, John Pyle wrote:

> I had this problem and an edit of the bp.conf on the client and master seems
> to have solved the problem.
>
> On the client bp.conf enter
> CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 3600
> CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 3600
>
> On the master bp.conf enter
> CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 3600
> CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 3600
>
> I was also advised to touch the file DISABLE_RESOURCES_BUSY in
> /usr/openv/volmgr directory.
>
> I hope this will help you as it did me.

Thanks,
Yunsong

Yunsong Gao    yunsong AT primushost DOT com PRIMUS Business Solutions
System Operation