Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reset /etc/mnttab on a SUN.

2002-07-01 19:31:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reset /etc/mnttab on a SUN.
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Manders)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:31:13 -0700
If it is a modern Sun OS (like Solaris 7 or 8), it could be an ACL (access
control list) has been set to not allow modifications. That would be a strange
file to do that on, but I have seen other strangeness that SAs think are hot
ideas that end up causing other issues. See the setfacl man page for details...

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Chris