Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Doing a NDMP recovery on a SUN system

2002-07-01 09:41:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Doing a NDMP recovery on a SUN system
From: Steve Kappel <steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com> (Steve Kappel)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:41:16 -0500 (CDT)
Andrew,

The last tape file in a NetBackup NDMP job is a copy of the NetBackup
metadata catalog.  If you backed up a single path there will be only
2 tape files - the first is the NDMP data.

The NDMP data is wrapped.  There are 2 blocks before it (1024 bytes
and 512 bytes) and 1 block after it (512 bytes).

To restore manually use the "mt" command or equivalent to skip the
first two blocks.