Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can two masters share a Library?

2002-06-28 16:17:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can two masters share a Library?
From: stafforj AT core.afcc DOT com (Johnie Stafford)
Date: 28 Jun 2002 15:17:15 -0500
>>> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:25:14 -0500, "Ryan Anderson" <Ryan.Anderson AT udlp
>>> DOT com> said:

 ra> Yes, you can have the Win2K be a master and make the HPUX box a media
 ra> server on the L700, one of them would be the robot control host. I don't
 ra> think it would be possible to have two masters using it as the media
 ra> would get really screwed up.

It is possible for two masters using the same robot. We were doing it
here. But I would never wish that situation on my worst enemy. The
amount of scripting necessary to keep the two masters from using the
tapes that belong to the other is nuts. And once or twice we did
manage to get tapes assigned to both masters with disasterous
results. Thankfully, we were able to convince the powers that be to
let us reconfigure the environment such that we didn't need that setup
anymore.

        Johnie