Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weirdness with Incremental Schedule in 4.5

2002-06-26 14:59:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weirdness with Incremental Schedule in 4.5
From: lbmoore AT scrippsops DOT com (Moore, L. Bryan)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:59:26 -0400
I have just installed a fresh new install of 4.5 and experiencing some
weirdness.  I am sure that either I have missed something, or something has
changed from previous versions.

I have a policy with 2 schedules, a Full that runs say on Monday and a
cumulative incremental that runs every other day.  For each, I have the
window starting at midnight and running for 7 hours until 7 am.  The Full
seems to run fine starting once and completing.  The incremental however,
starts/completes multiple times throughout the window.  I have verified that
it indeed is running mulitple backups during that time by browsing for a
restore on the client.  Each backup from the night shows up as available for
restore.

Anyone else see this behavior?  I am using calendar based scheduling with
the incremental running every 6 days.

TIA for anyone who responds and I will summarize.

I have attached a copy of the report that runs each day that pulls from
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror.  I changed backuphost from the
client, but it was the same client running all of the incrementals.

STATUS CLIENT        POLICY  SCHED      SERVER      TIME COMPLETED
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
00:13:25
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
01:04:53
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
01:17:20
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
01:22:30
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
01:33:05
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
01:45:16
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
01:57:38
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
02:01:53
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
02:11:52
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
02:24:09
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
02:36:20
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
02:42:11
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
02:51:54
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
03:02:46
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
03:14:33
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
03:22:20
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
03:34:39
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
03:40:50
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
03:52:20
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
04:03:36
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
04:15:44
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
04:21:29
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
04:32:27
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
04:44:17
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
04:56:34
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
05:02:31
  0    backuphost    POLICY    C-INCR     backupmaster      06/26/2002
05:11:50

Bryan Moore
Senior UNIX Systems Administrator
Scripps IT Operations