Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Performance Question

2002-06-25 13:44:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Performance Question
From: anderson.david AT scrippshealth DOT org (Anderson, David)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:44:01 -0700
David,

This one is from experience.  You're probably out of luck.  Lots of files,
lots of two way network traffic.  Our solution here was to make the Mondo
server a Media Server.  That, combined with our SSO/Fibre SAN configuration
do-able.  That machine can never be a high performer, you're waiting on
Windows and the Agent digging through the file system.  The drive in
question isn't COMPRESSED is it (ours was, and that made it even worse!)?

David Anderson
ScrippsHealth Information Services