Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences

2002-06-25 13:19:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: NBU 4.5 Upgrade Experiences
From: rajeev AT tigr DOT org (Karamchedu, Rajeev K.)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:19:06 -0400
it is good that others are having a good time
upgrading to 4.5. We on the other hand are having
a mysterious time... The difficulty stems  from the
fact that Veritas recently transferred the support
of Backtrack module for Sybase databases to BMC. That
was during the NB 3.4 times. I tried to do an upgrade
to 4.5, but I can't since no one in Veritas tech support
NOR BMC folks can tell me if 4.5 is configured to work
seamlessly with the sybase backtrack module. They just seem
to "guess" that is "should" be ok. Not quite a reassurance,
if you ask me.

We have a case open with both Veritas and BMC who are looking
into this, thru our VAR. It is very dissappointing that Veritas
does not follow thru on making sure the products they used to sell
and support are taken care of, in this release. the docs say nothing
about these modules.

That's my story. I put the upgrade off till they come back with an
answer..

And, if someone from Veritas is reading this or whoever has influence,
ask them to get the X gui back in...the java thing is 10 steps backwards.
might as well put a rat in a cage and ask it to run the wheel.

(Unix env)

rajeev