Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bootable restores for UNIX*es?

2002-06-17 20:09:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bootable restores for UNIX*es?
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Manders)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:09:57 -0700
Hi,

Bootable restores? Are they supported via Veritas? If so, how do you make one?

By this I mean, can I do a backup of an entire boot partition and then restore
it
after a hard crash for Disaster Recovery by booting via some means (like CD)
that
has the added Veritas stuff (bpcd and bprd in /etc/services, /etc/inetd.conf |
etc/xinetd.d/bpcd, /usr/openv/*) and do the recovery to a disk mounted in a
secondary location, like /mnt? How would one do this, and what is necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Chris