Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM errors: 0xe000100b & 0x00000006

2002-06-13 10:55:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM errors: 0xe000100b & 0x00000006
From: valcarcel AT caracas.oilfield.slb DOT com (Rafael Valcarcel)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:55:46 -0400
Rob,

I rebooted the computer but the problem continues. I know that there is
some sort of problem between Microsoft Installer and Netbackup install
process in this specific client:

- The Netbackup 3.4.1 admin client installer shows progress bars, and says
that everything was successful, but not even the program directory or the
program group in the Start menu are created ...

- The Netbackup 3.4.1 (non admin) client installer at least copy the files
and creates the program group, but it is clear to me that some OTM files
(and who knows, probably registry entries) are not created even though the
installation ends successfully.  For example: the file
Veritas/Netbackup/bin/otmlapi.dll is not installed (I tried re-installing
several times with reboots between them) so I had to copy it by hand from
another client (also NT 4.0 SP5). Otherwise OTM gives an error about a "not
found" library (but the log doesn't say witch one ...).

My guess is that the installer is deciding what needs to be copied not
based on what physically exist but rather on information stored in some
other place (registry probably). A re-install of NT + all the applications
may solve the problem but I can not do this at this moment!.

Regards.
Rafael.