Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup client behind firewall !

2002-06-12 14:13:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup client behind firewall !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karunanidhi Subramanian)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:13:52 -0700
Hi Folks !
I have a NT4 system which is behind the firewall(dmz zone). But we have a
Network interface card on the system in a private network which the
Netbackup master server can access. My question is how to bind that private
IP address with a host name so that I can define the host in my /etc/hosts
(Solaris 8) master server and back it up using the private network on the
client.

I am assuming I can add an entry in hosts file on the NT client and use that
name in the master to define the client.

Any idea?
Thanks,
- Karun