Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reconfigured Devices

2002-06-12 00:43:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reconfigured Devices
From: terry.newnham AT showads.com DOT au (Terry Newnham)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:43:16 +1000
Hi

One of our engineers had to do a "boot -r"  to  add some more hard
disks. The operating system allocated the disks to c4.

Unfortunately this had the effect of jiggering the optical platter
devices. They'd been allocated to c4 devices earlier on. An sgscan
showed that the drives they were now using different hard disk devices.

In xdevadm I altered the optical drives.....but I still can't use the
opticals. I've bounced the netbackup daemons, then bounced the server.
The whole thing reacts as though the drives are not there.

Any ideas ?

Terry