Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "Can't connect on Socket" on user backup

2002-06-11 11:38:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "Can't connect on Socket" on user backup
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:38:34 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2115E.0BAB2A00

I've got one client that reports an error 25, "Can't connect on socket" when
I attempt a user backup of files, "bpbackup -c Test -s Test -L
/tmp/ubak.test /etc".

A manually run scheduled backup, initiated on master, works OK.

A user backup on this client's sister server on the same subnet also works
fine. The master/media server and this client are on the same subnet so
there's no firewall or router involved.

I can ping, dns resolve, & ssh from the client to the master.

Any ideas?

-Mark

   Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems Engineer
   Experian - Denver Colorado
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr.
Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers
come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas
that could provoke such a question." -- Charles Babbage

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2115E.0BAB2A00

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>&quot;Can't connect on Socket&quot; on user backup</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've got one client that reports an error 25, =
&quot;Can't connect on socket&quot; when I attempt a user backup of =
files, &quot;bpbackup -c Test -s Test -L /tmp/ubak.test =
/etc&quot;.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>A manually run scheduled backup, initiated on master, =
works OK.&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>A user backup on this client's sister server on the =
same subnet also works fine. The master/media server and this client =
are on the same subnet so there's no firewall or router =
involved.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I can ping, dns resolve, &amp; ssh from the client to =
the master.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any ideas?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Mark</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark Donaldson - Sr. Systems =
Engineer</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Experian - Denver Colorado</FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------------------------------=
--------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;On two occasions, I have been asked [by =
members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine =
wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to =
rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke =
such a question.&quot; -- Charles Babbage</FONT></P>

<P><FONT =
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>