Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPSCHED "Hanging"

2002-06-10 07:48:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPSCHED "Hanging"
From: dcaddell AT intersil DOT com (Caddell, Scott)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:48:21 -0400
Good Morning...

I have a pretty severe issue that has gotten worse over the last two weekends.
It appears that the BPSCHED process hangs.  What I am seeing is jobs finish
writing, but never totally complete according to the Master Server in the
Activity Monitor.  So, jobs that are queued up don't run; new schedules don't
start; and the system just sort of hangs there in limbo.

In order to get things going again, I can either reboot (this should give away
that I am running W2K) or kill the BPSCHED processes.  This typically causes
the running jobs to get a Status 50 although they have completed.  Once this is
done, new schedules will kick off and things will work ok for a while.

As mentioned earlier, I am running W2K, SP2. Datacenter 3.4 patched up to
3.413A.  I have one other W2k Media server and 4 UNIX media servers.

The support person I have been talking to says it looks like a resource issue,
but we have been running fine for about 6 months.  This also occurs when only a
few jobs are running.

Thanks in advanced for any advice.

Scott Caddell
Intersil Corporation