Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage unit/media server usage problem

2002-06-06 15:09:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage unit/media server usage problem
From: jdj AT joshjohnson DOT com (Josh Johnson)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:09:36 -0500
  Ok I have a strange problem. I have 2 servers, 1 library. Each server has 1
drive in a storage unit. master has robot control. I'm just setting up this
environment so in my testing. I setup 2 classes. one for the master and one for
the media. Each class has a designated storage unit (it's own local stu). When I
kick off a backup of each server both at the same time. One will backup itself
locally and the other will remain queued until the first completes then back
itself up locally. Even though they are using seperate storage units.

globally I have Max jobs per client set to 20
storage unit wise each has 1 drive and max mpx set to 8.
Each class has allow multiple data streams and unlimited jobs per class as well
as a specified storage unit.
The schedules have MPX value of 2.
The file list for each is

NEW_STREAM
/
/opt
/var
/usr
NEW_STREAM
/usr/openv

  When the backups run there are 2 streams active during the backups. What
SHOULD be happening is that both clients start backups simultaneous and run
simultaneously each using their own drive and running 2 streams each.

Any ideas?

My setup is 2 Sun V880's, IBM 3584 w/ LTO FC drives, NBU datacenter 3.4.1_3

Thanks!
Josh