Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing client name?

2002-05-31 08:24:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing client name?
From: ron AT linux DOT ca (Ron Lyman)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
Eric,

I have bad news for you.  I messed around with this for three days,
involving support staff in 3 countries.  I finally got >< thisclose when I
changed the name during an upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4.  Alas, to no avail.

The only solution that finally worked was a clean install.

If you do try to change the name 'in-place', I wish you luck.  Please
document thoroughly!  ;)

Ron Lyman
Network Support
Moen Incorporated