Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dual-homed clients and issues?

2002-05-30 14:26:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dual-homed clients and issues?
From: leareth AT angui DOT sh (Matthew Hall)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
I have one client with two interfaces into the same network. When
I added/installed the client, I used the faster interface name
since this was the one I wanted the VNB traffic to go over hopefully.
However, this interface is not the primary hostname of the machine.

When I launch the java gui client to do backup/restores, and
attempt to do one, it says that the client is not authorized.
(Exit status 131). Changing the name of the host before logging
in seems to work fine, but now I think I have backups with
different host names when in fact they are one and the same.

What would I have to do to synchonize between my master server
and the client (bp.conf changes, etc) to make them handshake
and agree on a single hostname from now on?

Thanks,

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.