Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bprestore

2002-05-30 08:48:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bprestore
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:48:31 -0400
Douglas Ritschel wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good way to use bprestore, to
> restore, based on filesystem. If I tell it to restore
> /, it restores everything giving no consideration to
> filesystems. It would be good if I could say restore a
> filesystem, without crossing mount points.

 As far as I know, with 3.4 if you perform True Image Restores (TIR),
 it only operates on a filesystem basis.  By that I mean if you specify
 '/' as your restore target, it only restores the root partition.  I
 believe this behavior changed between 3.2 and 3.4.  With 3.2, using
 '/' would definitely cross mount points.

 John

--
 John Meyers
 Computing Services