Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mobile or Laptop backup

2002-05-28 11:36:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mobile or Laptop backup
From: rharkins AT veritas DOT com (Richard Harkins)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:36:50 -0700
The NetBackup files stay on disk.  If the desktop/laptop needs to be
restored, the files are retrieved from the NetBackup Pro server.

If the NetBackup Pro server lost it's disk, you would restore from NetBackup
Datacenter.

That said, NetBackup Pro supports the use of Storage Migrator on Windows.
Files that have not been touched for a long time can be migrated to tape in
the background.  If NetBackup Pro needs one of those files, the retrieval is
automatic and transparent.

Rick