Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "Can't run mailbox-backup on Exchange 5.5"

2002-05-27 11:55:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "Can't run mailbox-backup on Exchange 5.5"
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 17:55:27 +0200

 The account you're logged on with doesn't have the needed rights.
When you're browsing in backup mode, thent the connection is made
with the accoutn you're logged on, not the NetBackup service one.

> 2) a mailbox-backup from the master server instantly stops
> with exit status error code: 71

 What's inside the class file list? You could eventually enable the
bpbkar log on this client to seee what's happening down under.

> 3) Astonishing, I am *able* to backup both the directory store and
> information store normally!!

 Not astonishing in fact, as the DS/IS and the mailbox brick level
backups don't use the same way (API), thus doesn't connect the same
way to the Exchange server.

> 4) I've followed the config. steps in "NetBackup_AdminGuide_MsExchg_NT.pdf"
> Technote 245597

 Hum. Wrong typing i guess, as this one's for SQL Server.

 Amicalement, fx.

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>
--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | With searching comes loss
François-Xavier Peretmere | And the presence of absence;