Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File corruption after installing Veritas Netbackup !

2002-05-23 18:27:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File corruption after installing Veritas Netbackup !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karunanidhi Subramanian)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:27:29 -0700
Hi !
We started getting lots of complaints from users about corrupt files after
installing Veritas Netbackup Client (Ver 3.4) on these servers. They are
Windows NT/2000 while the master server is running in Solaris 8.

Users complain that they cannot open MS office files (Excell, Word, Access).
When they try to save it, they get errors like (Cannot save to Network
drive. Drive may be full).

Is OTM casuing a problem on these files? We are running ARCServIT backup
software also on these servers.

Any suggestions ?
Thanks.

- Karun