Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incremental/Differential Backup Question

2002-05-22 16:05:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incremental/Differential Backup Question
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:05:50 -0500
It will get it all (as if it were a full), but it will still reference the
incrmental schedule name and the fact that it is an incremental backup within
the catalog... so technically it's not running the full schedule (even though
it's doing the equivalent of a full backup).

I never really tested it, but I would think that the bpstart/bpend,
exclude/include lists, mpx value, etc. would be that of the incremental
schedule and not the full.

- Scott

                    "Michael E. Willard"

                    <mwillard AT soccour DOT com>               To:
<larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com>
                    Sent by:                             cc:     "Veritas NBU
List" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
RE: [Veritas-bu] Incremental/Differential Backup Question
                    auburn.edu

                    05/22/2002 01:56 PM

Thank you.  That's what I thought, but I wanted to clarify since I had seen
some marketing info from CommVault that claims that NBU isn't capable of
doing that.