Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix / vs all_local_drives

2002-05-22 11:26:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix / vs all_local_drives
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:26:18 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C201A5.04CBEC60

I do just this, I have "/" as the backup path, I have "cross mountpoints"
checked, & I use a comprehensive exclude list on each client.  Yes, I get a
single stream per client but I use multiplexing to keep the drives moving
and I don't overload a single client's CPU's by running multiple streams.

I only use multiple streams, specifically spelled out with NEW_STREAM's, for
my big DB to shorten the backup window.

-M